Join our team! Pratt is seeking a Part-Time/On-Call Administrative Assistant
Job Description: Part-Time/On-Call Administrative Assistant
The Part-Time/On-Call Administrative Assistant performs public reception and information functions, and supports a variety of administrative efforts. This position works closely with the Customer Service manager to support Pratt staff, instructors, and students.
The on-call assistant is a part-time, approximately 8 scheduled hours per week position that reports to the Customer Service Manager. The position will consist of two scheduled shifts, Monday and Saturday evening, 5pm-9:45pm and will present ample opportunities for additional shift coverage on an on-call basis. The successful candidate will have a flexible and open availability to fill shifts as needed on an almost weekly basis. The position pays $12/hr.
- Strong customer service skills
- Database proficiency
- Punctuality and reliability
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Arts background preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
Reception and Resource Center
- Provide a welcoming environment for all visitors.
- Answer and direct incoming calls.
- Provide initial information about Pratt to the public, potential students, studio artists, and volunteers. Answer general questions about classes, facilities programs and galleries.
- Troubleshoot problems that staff, students, and instructors may have and/or direct them to appropriate person(s).
- Receive, direct or process paperwork, e.g. registrations, donations, memberships, studio payments, etc.
- Direct visitors to appropriate staff and inform visitors of basic safety rules.
- Schedule access orientation and testing appointments.
- Give tours of Pratt’s studios and facilities.
Office and Administrative Support
- Ensure that forms, catalogs, copier paper and office supplies are stocked.
- Keep lobby and front desk areas clean.
- Update studio access information and book access appointments.
- Maintain office bulletin boards.
- Troubleshoot office equipment such as the photocopier, fax machine, and postage meter.
- Support development, administrative and education staff in mailings, proofreading, and other tasks, as assigned.
Pratt Fine Arts Center does not discriminate in hiring, membership, and provision of services with regard to race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or presence of sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Deadline to apply: January 20, 2017
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Pratt Fine Arts Center
1902 South Main Street
Seattle, WA 98144
No walk-ins please.