Pratt is seeking a Marketing Director – CLOSED
09/23/2015Marketing Director, Pratt Fine Arts Center
Pratt Fine Arts Center is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Marketing Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Director develops and oversees all marketing, public relations, social networking & advertising related to Pratt’s programs: classes, studio access, membership, art parties and events. The Marketing Director is responsible for executing traditional and new media strategies that will drive enrollment, studio access revenue, increase visibility, as well as work with development and increase attendance at Pratt events.
The Marketing Director will work closely with the Executive Director to refine and strengthen the institutional identity, image and branding. The individual’s primary responsibilities include: coordinated and thoughtful promotion of regular class offerings, with particular emphasis on student retention and outreach to new markets; determining and managing efficient and effective marketing methods, with specific emphasis on web tools and resources; implementation and evaluation of all marketing related initiatives; monitoring, supervising and managing budgets directly related to marketing; supervising two paid staff members and representing the Pratt at community events and outreach activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in arts marketing, communications, or related field, preferably for nonprofit organizations
- Strong oral communication, written language and project management skills
- Social media savvy and expertise in digital communications
- Proven success in strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Ability to produce high quality content under deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong editing skills and a critical eye
- Exemplary computer and internet skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of people at the grassroots, corporate and high end patron levels
Interested parties should email a cover letter, resume, and a 250 word writing sample to: Steve Galatro, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “Marketing Director” in the subject line. No calls or drop-ins.
Compensation: Annual Salary DOE + medical, dental, and long-term disability. Employee-paid short-term disability and retirement programs are provided, but are optional. Also includes generous in-kind benefits in the form of class registrations and studio access.
Applications must be received by Tuesday October 27, 2015.