Pratt is seeking a Marketing Director
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-Time, Salaried
Pratt Fine Arts Center is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Director of Marketing & Communications. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Marketing & Communications develops and oversees all marketing, public relations, social networking & advertising related to Pratt’s programs: classes, studio access, membership, art parties and events. The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for executing traditional and new media strategies that will drive enrollment, studio access revenue, increase visibility, as well as work with development and increase attendance at Pratt events.
The Director of Marketing & Communications will work closely with the Executive Director to refine and strengthen the institutional identity, image and branding. The individual’s primary responsibilities include:
- Develop Pratt’s marketing year-round plan, including digital and print strategiesdesigned to promote Pratt’s class offerings, with particular emphasis on student retention and new students outreach.
- Optimize key metrics and indicators related to digital advertising and paid promotional efforts.
- Manage Pratt’s digital footprint, including website and social media platforms while maintaining brand messages and ensuring content optimization.
- Leverage web analytic tools to identify trends and drive web updates as needed.
- Work closely with Pratt’s Studio Managers to identify and communicate class opportunities and art events
- Create and manage the Marketing and Events budget.
- Supervise the editorial and visual production of Pratt’s magazine (7 editions per year).
- Supervise two paid staff members (Marketing Manager / Community Events Coordinator).
- Develop and implement Pratt’ community events and outreach strategy, including paid and community events.
- Create PR and media opportunities for Pratt’s brand and activities.
- Support the Development team in Pratt’s year-round fundraising efforts.
- Supervise web, advertising and graphic design agencies and other vendor partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in arts marketing, communications, or related field, preferably for nonprofit organizations
- Strong oral communication, written language and project management skills
- Social media savvy and expertise in digital communications
- Proven success in strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Ability to produce high quality content under deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong editing skills and a critical eye
- Exemplary computer and internet skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of people at the grassroots, corporate and high end patron levels
- 3+ years of experience in non-profit arts or arts education
- Passion for arts education and cultivation of artists
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to build and mobilize social capital in support of creative communities
- Natural inclination toward cooperation, collaboration, and partnership
- Ability to be effective independently and as a member of a team
- High tolerance for ambiguity; willingness to navigate a complex work environment and build efficient systems and procedures
- Positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humor
$55-65k annual salary range DOE + medical, dental, long-term disability, and paid vacation.
Employee-paid short-term disability and retirement programs are provided, but optional. Also includes generous in-kind benefits in the form of class registrations and studio access.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to Steve Galatro, Executive Director, at email@example.com. No calls or drop-ins, please.
April 24, 2019
Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, membership or educational programs and activities. Furthermore, Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to retaining to a racially diverse team. People of color are encouraged to apply.